Gov. Walker has signed many of the planning-related bills that we’ve been tracking into law. You can find all of these Acts at the following site: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2017/related/acts
The following massive bills have been signed:
· Developer’s Bill (AB770/SB640), which is 2017 Wisconsin Act 243.
· Landlord’s Bill (AB771/SB639), which is 2017 Wisconsin Act 317.
· Wetlands Bill (AB547/SB600), which is 2017 Wisconsin Act 183.
There are four additional bills of potential interest to planners that have been signed into law:
· 2017 Wisconsin Act 242, which requires floodplain ordinances to be amended after each Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA).
· 2017 Wisconsin Act 223, which relates to levy limit adjustments when subtracting territory from a TIF District.
· 2017 Wisconsin Act 280, which increases the limit on historic rehab tax credits from $500K to $3.5M per project.
· 2017 Wisconsin Act 353, which allows the second and third of Class II and III legal notices to be summaries.